Patient Advocacy – How YOU Can Help
We urgently need your help. Now is a critical time to push for provincial and federal support for equal timely access to new treatments for all melanoma patients so that no Canadian is left behind.
We urge you to consider writing to your Federal Health Minister and to your local government representatives to convey a request for support. We have also included this template letter, as well as links to appropriate government contacts, making it easy to find out who your provincial and federal representatives are.
The Save Your Skin Foundation has assembled materials to assist you to do the following:
1. Write to your Members of Parliament to share your thoughts on this issue or to request a meeting – contact information for local government members can be found at: http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parliamentarians/en/members
2. Write to your MLA/MPP asking that he/she write to the Minister of Health (click here to download sample letter)
3. Prepare for and have a meeting with your MLA (talking points and fact sheet)
4. Report back the results of your MLA meeting – contact us by email or phone any time
5. Write a letter for your MLA to send to the Minister of Health
6. Write to your provincial Ministers of Health -(Click here to find out who your provincial Minister of Health is: http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/health-system-systeme-sante/cards-cartes-eng.php)
7. Write to the Minister of Health – contact information can be found here: Federal Minister of Health: Hon. Dr. Jane Philpott – https://goo.gl/MB1XtI
If you’d like a general overview of patient advocacy, you can also download our 2016 advocacy outline by clicking here.
Thank you for taking the time to become involved on behalf of everyone affected by Melanoma across Canada.
Together we can and will make a difference!
Let your voice be heard via social media as well!
Tweet or post to share your message to accounts using hashtags such as:
#ImLivingProof #FairChance #saveyourskin
To obtain materials and for further information, or to join the Save Your Skin Foundation Advocacy Team, please click here:
Save Your Skin Foundation: http://www.saveyourskin.ca/support-resources/downloadable-resources/